Wednesday, May 26, 2010

suspense no longer, she is nestle

I just love to get the ideas out there... this is my drawing of my female protagonist hovering amongst the rambling rose undergrowth.  I am calling this work Nestle, and the etching is following this drawing.  I am currently working on a second plate to go with the rose etching plate.  

The drawings and etchings are part of a series of works where I am exploring the female form using photocollage.   In the etchings and drawings, the oval shape is taken from a mirror so that the viewer is looking through the looking glass....

3 comments:

  1. I think the oval shape is very effective. The work is mysterious and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The idea of nestling in a rambling rose with its thorny dark side is intriguing...I wonder if the 'dark broody velvety'appeal of ething would add a little something...from a rose of another name...CDaRosa (smelling as sweet?) aka artsmarties'' for some mysterious reason

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rochelle
    An effective merging of the collage style of recent time combine with the great subty of the etching work I first saw. DAK

    ReplyDelete